Miss Mauro (YRL), Mrs Green (YRO)
We love to learn in Reception!
We want our children to love learning, be happy and be passionate about all aspects of school life. Our children take part in well planned, interesting and interactive opportunities, in both in our indoor and outdoor environments. These are based on our children’s interests and abilities and challenge each and every child to make great progress!
Our children learn through activities he or she has chosen, or from those that are led by an adult.
- This year’s highlights include cooking, growing plants and vegetables, pond dipping, practical maths in environments, workshops and theatre to support and enhance literacy and local and further afield trips.
- Our topics are based on what the children tell us they would like to learn, and from this we incorporate all areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- There are three prime areas: Personal, Social and Emotional Development, Communication and Language and Physical Development.
- There are four specific areas of learning: Literacy, Maths, Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
- This year we have already had a number of opportunities to share the brilliant work our children have accomplished. Parents/ carers have attended a Harvest Singing Assembly, a Stay and Play Session and Parents’ Evening.
- Our Inspire Mornings each term enable our parents to find out about what goes on in our setting and how they can support their child at home with their learning. We look forward to seeing you!